How to Cheat in Adobe Flash
Need to solve problems quickly to develop creative projects to time and to budget? Want to hone your Flash skills so you can concentrate on your animation? Then How to Cheat in Flash is for you! Chris Georgenes shows how to work from the problem to the solution – from the viewpoint of an animator who has been commissioned to create a job and is working to a deadline and to a budget. With his in-depth knowledge of the little-known secrets used by the pros to produce creative, professional animations, Chris is the go-to guru for designers and animators who want to create great animation, applications or motion design with Flash.Fully updated for CS5, How to Cheat in Flash CS5,is a goldmine of artistic inspiration, timesaving practical tips, tricks and step-by-step workthroughs that you’ll wonder how you survived without it.
Each technique is designed as a double-page spread so you can prop the book up behind your keyboard or next to your monitor as a visual reference while working alongside it. Many of these workthroughs are real-world client projects, with the source files supplied for you to open and explore. With these real-life professional projects you’ll discover how to bring objects to life with cool motion effects, make it rain, snow or set your world ablaze, develop flash mobile applications and many more tips and tricks not found anywhere else!
Work over the shoulder of Chris Georgenes, renowned Flash expert, and apply the practical techniques, tips and tricks to your own projects with downloadable Flash source files, examples and tutorials, available at How to Cheat in Flash.
- Bestselling How to Cheat coverage of Flash CS5 – proven format for successful learning.
- Learn a myriad of tips and tricks based on real-life working methods to help you work faster and more efficiently and to budget!
- Work from the problem to the solution, to gain the best possible results from Flash CS5!
- 'As a veteran Flash Animator, Chris offers the reader a wealth of traditional Flash animation techniques; however, what makes this book even more valuable is the knowledge he offers of ways to use the latest features in the current tool.' Richard Galvan, Product Manager, Flash Professional, Adobe Systems
- 'More than being a creative and talented person, Chris has the passion of knowledge sharing. He delivers once again an exclusive book that everyone of us working with Flash should read.' Thibault Imbert, Product Manager, Flash Player, Adobe Systems
- ‘Yet another terrific community resource from the King of Flash animation himself.’ Ed Sullivan, Community Manager, Adobe Developer Relations
- ‘If you’ve ever stared at a blank stage wondering how to make your ideas into reality, this is how it’s done. I consider each example a best practice of how to use Flash CS3 Professional.’ Justin Everett-Church, Sr. Product Manager Flash Player, Adobe Systems Inc.
- ‘This is a not-to-be-missed chance to get secrets from one of the foremost authorities on Flash animation.’ Craig Goodman, Executive Editor, Developer Center, Adobe Systems Inc.
- ‘Chris Georgenes’ gorgeously designed book contains many short, practical tutorials that both Flash animators and web designers will want to thumb through to learn the tricks of the trade and really impress their clients.’ Stefan Gruenwedeln, Sr. Editor, Developer Center, Adobe Systems Inc.
- ‘Whether you consider yourself more a Flash designer or developer, you’ll want to run home and try out the concepts and techniques in this must-have book.’ Tim Statler, Flash developer, Adobe Systems Inc.
- ‘A valuable resource loaded with helpful tips and hints for Flash users at all skill levels.’ Jim Ver Hague, Professor Emeritus Computer Graphics Design, Rochester Institute of Technology
- ‘All new content and cheats on ActionScript and MotionEditor are included in a pick from veteran Flash animator who packs in a range of Flash animation techniques. No Flash or animation computer collection should be without this!‘ Bookwatch
Since How to Cheat in Adobe Flash was published, digital versions of the book have become available. Unfortunately the disc containing the source files that is included with the physical version of the book is unavailable for obvious reasons. For those of you with either the digital/e-reader format of the book or who have the physical book but have a damaged disc or it is simply missing, download the source files here:
Thanks for choosing How to Cheat in Flash!